Sunday, January 17, 2010

What's on YOUR needles??

I hear this often from other people who are curious on what I'm knitting on. Currently right now I'm carrying a ball of yarn in my purse. That's right, a ball of yarn with some size 6 needles stuck in it just sitting in my purse. It is just patiently waiting for me to figure out what to do with it. No clue. Just sitting in my purse, staring at me when I'm driving. Like all crafty people out there they have a few UFO's in their craft room or bag. I recently came across one of my unfinished projects while organizing my fiber & yarn stash, the Pretty Bird neckwarmer by Christianna Wincek. I discovered a horrible mistake I was making in the cable pattern and did what every good knitter does. I promptly put the project down and forgot about it, until last week when I unravel the project back to the very beginning of the cable pattern and started over on it. This year I'm going to try to keep the UFO's down to a number that I can count on one hand and so far I'm starting off pretty good.

I finished up the belated Christmas gift hat this week.



One catfish blugly with needle felted eyes! I can take that UFO off my list but saddly I had to put another one in it's place. A "Finding Nemo" looking clown fish hat to make in a hurry so that a certain little child of mine will stop asking when her fish hat will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment